Diversity & inclusion: from insight to action
Diversity and inclusivity are rising issues in academia. Since many different factors influence how diverse and inclusive an organization is, it can be hard to decide what to do about it and how and where to even start. That’s exactly what we’ll explore in this workshop.
A well-known principle in physics is that an object in motion tends to stay in motion. That’s why this workshop follows a pragmatic and practical approach: we will identify first (small) steps towards a more diverse and inclusive workplace to set ourselves in motion.
Important topics in the workshop are:
– exploration of diversity and inclusivity,
– unconscious bias,
– equal opportunities,
– selecting from a larger talent pool,
– better performance through more diverse teams,
– mapping possible interventions and outcomes,
– drafting a SMART action plan.